December 20, 2012
Posted December 2012
Here is important information from the Office of the Medical Director (OMD) AIDS Institute:
December 13 NYS HIV Quality of Care Advisory Committee Summary – The OMD is pleased to share with you a summary of the December 13 New York State HIV Quality of Care Advisory Committee meeting, available here.
New Oral Health Care Resource for PLHIV – “Innovations in Oral Health Care for People Living with HIV/AIDS,” a special supplement to Public Health Reports, presents findings from the Innovations in Oral Health Care Initiative, which involved 15, five-year demonstration projects.
New Adolescent Guidelines – The OMD has released new guidelines on HIV Disclosure to Parents and Consent to HIV Treatment Among Adolescents.
New Presentations Available on CEITraining.org:
- Controversies in HIV Medicine 2012 Calvin Cohen, MD, MSc
- Pharmacists: A Valuable Part of the HIV Treatment Team John Faragon, PharmD, BCPS, AAHIVE
- Head and Neck Exam for Healthcare Providers Gwen Cohen-Brown, DDS
- Depression as a Medical Co-morbidity of HIV Infection James Satriano, PhD
- Metabolic Complications of HIV (and Antiretroviral Therapy) Marshall Glesby, MD, PhD
- HIV and Aging Sanjiv Shah, MD, MPH
- Transgender Treatment in High Risk Adolescents Jeffrey Birnbaum, MD, MPH
- Gene Therapy Studies for the Treatment of HIV Infection Pablo Tebas, MD
- The Berlin Patient: Eradication of HIV with CCR5 deficient hematopoietic stem cells Gero Hütter, MD