August 22, 2013
Posted August 2013
Here is important information from the Office of the Medical Director (OMD) AIDS Institute:
- URGENT – DO YOU HAVE YOUR HCS ACCOUNT? - The new ISTOP law, which requires a “duty to consult” the NYS Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) database, goes into effect next week on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 for all prescribers who prescribe Schedules II, III, IV drugs for patients. You must have a health commerce system account for this purpose. To obtain an account, please go to the NYS website here.
- NOW POSTED ON CEI WEBSITE: ACTHIV 2013 – CME/CNE-CERTIFIED WEB CURRICULUM - A number of sessions from the 2013 ACTHIV Conference have been recorded and are now available for free viewing here. After viewing the course, follow the link in the course instructions to receive CME/CNE credit.
- NEW GRANT – UNITED HOSPITAL FUND - The United Hospital Fund awards Health Care Improvement Grants to not-for-profit organizations to develop and evaluate health care projects/conduct research and analysis of health systems issues. Applications (deadline 11/1/13) should address expanding health insurance coverage, strengthening hospital finances, improving quality of care, or redesigning health care services.
- NEW YORK STATE MEDICAID MANAGED CARE AND FAMILY HEALTH PLUS PHARMACY BENEFIT INFORMATION WEBSITE UPDATE - This NYSDOH website now allows patients and providers to perform a formulary drug search across Medicaid Managed Care Plans and check requirements for quantity limits, step therapy, or prior authorization. The URL is: http://pbic.nysdoh.suny.edu.
- JUNE 13 NYS HIV QUALITY OF CARE ADVISORY COMMITTEE SUMMARY - The OMD is pleased to share with you a summary of the meeting, available here.