October 5, 2012
Posted October 2012
Here is important information from the Office of the Medical Director AIDS Institute:
- Meningococcal Vacine Recommendations: The NYCDOHMH has issued a health alert that describes vaccine recommendations for HIV-infected MSM residing in NYC and who had intimate contact with a man met either through an internet site, smart phone “app”, or at a bar or party since September 1, 2012. The New York State Department of Health has been coordinating with the NYCDOHMH regarding its recent recommendation and is extending this recommendation for residents outside NYC who may have had intimate contact with a man in NYC they met in a similar manner or venue. The State DOH has posted an alert to the Health Commerce System. Click here to download the alert.
- Sexual Assault – New Public Health Law: Effective 11/27/12, NYS hospitals providing treatment to victims of sexual assault will be required to:
- Provide a seven day starter pack of HIV post-exposure prophylaxis to victims of sexual assault.
- Provide or arrange for an appointment for medical follow-up related to HIV post-exposure prophylaxis and other care as appropriate.
- Click here for more information.
- Are You In Or Out? New York Links: If you are a provider in Upper Manhattan or Western NY you should be actively engaged in the regional collaboratives of New York Links, aimed at bridging systemic gaps between HIV related services to improve linkage and retention for PLWHA. For more information contact Steve Sawicki.
- Hold The Date – December 12, 2012 – for the AIDS Institute’s “Health 2.0: Digital Technology in Clinical Care,” an all day forum for health care providers. For more information, click here.