NYCDOHMH Health Bulletin #90: How to Prevent Pregnancy and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Posted December 2011
In this issue:
- The best ways to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections:
- Don’t have sex.
- If you’re sexually active, use birth control and condoms every time.
- Emergency contraception can prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex
- But you have to act fast.
- Keep emergency contraception around just in case.
Health Bulletin #90 is one in a series on issues of pressing interest to all New Yorkers. All Health Bulletins are available in English, Spanish, and Chinese, and many are available in other languages. For copies, call 311 or visit nyc.gov/health.