HIV Testing Toolkit: Resources to Support Routine HIV Testing for Adults and Teens
Posted June 2012
The New York State Department of Health is pleased to provide resources to support integration of HIV testing into routine medical care in hospitals and primary care settings. Offering HIV testing as a routine part of medical care to all persons aged 13-64 (and others depending on risk) is considered a standard of care and is also mandated in New York State under the 2010 Amended HIV Testing Law. State regulations to guide the implementation of the 2010 law were adopted in February 2012, paving the way for full scale implementation of routine HIV testing.
The HIV Testing Toolkit (PDF 12 MB) defines the health care settings and health care professionals affected by the law and provides the tools needed to:
- Integrate HIV testing into routine health care
- Streamline the informed consent process
- Access DOH posters and brochures which provide the key points patients must have before HIV testing (English and Spanish versions)
- Manage next steps for patients with confirmed HIV positive test results
- Access answers to frequently asked questions
- Bill for HIV testing services
If you have any questions related to this toolkit please email email@example.com.