Printed edition of Substance Use Clinical Guidelines book is now available
The New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute is very pleased to announce that Substance Use in Patients With HIV/AIDS: HIV Clinical Guidelines for the Primary Care Practitioner is now available in book form.
To download a PDF of this book, please click here (Adobe Acrobat).
To order a copy of this book, please click here.
The book includes the following clinical guidelines:
- What Are These Drugs?
- Screening and Ongoing Assessment for Substance Use
- Working With the Active User
- Substance Use Treatment Modalities for HIV-Infected Substance Users
- Clinical Management of Alcohol Use and Abuse in HIV-Infected Substance Users
- Smoking Cessation in HIV-Infected Substance Users
- Aspects of Primary Care for the HIV-Infected Substance User
- Adherence to ARV Therapy Among Substance Users
- Drug-Drug Interactions Between ARV Agents, Medications Used in Substance Use Treatment, and Recreational Drugs
- Pain in the HIV-Infected Substance User
- Mental Health Disorders Among Substance-Using HIV-Infected Patients
- Medical Care of the HIV-Infected Substance-Using Women
- Care of the Hospitalized HIV-Infected Substance User
- Substance Use and Dependence Among HIV-Infected Adolescents and Young Adults