- Hot Topics
- Hot Topics Archives
- Printed edition of Substance Use Clinical Guidelines book is now available
Printed edition of Substance Use Clinical Guidelines book is now available
|Hot Topics Archives|
|We want your feedback!|
The New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute is very pleased to announce that Substance Use in Patients With HIV/AIDS: HIV Clinical Guidelines for the Primary Care Practitioner is now available in book form.
To download a PDF of this book, please click here (Adobe Acrobat).
To order a copy of this book, please click here.
The book includes the following clinical guidelines:
- What Are These Drugs?
- Screening and Ongoing Assessment for Substance Use
- Working With the Active User
- Substance Use Treatment Modalities for HIV-Infected Substance Users
- Clinical Management of Alcohol Use and Abuse in HIV-Infected Substance Users
- Smoking Cessation in HIV-Infected Substance Users
- Aspects of Primary Care for the HIV-Infected Substance User
- Adherence to ARV Therapy Among Substance Users
- Drug-Drug Interactions Between ARV Agents, Medications Used in Substance Use Treatment, and Recreational Drugs
- Pain in the HIV-Infected Substance User
- Mental Health Disorders Among Substance-Using HIV-Infected Patients
- Medical Care of the HIV-Infected Substance-Using Women
- Care of the Hospitalized HIV-Infected Substance User
- Substance Use and Dependence Among HIV-Infected Adolescents and Young Adults